Feuerhand Pyron Plate
The Pyron Plate has been precisely tailed for the Pyron and thus the perfect addition for the fire barrel for grilling and cooking in one’s own garden. The Pyron Plate consists of a massive steel plate, a three-armed support frame for safe positioning and a cooking support.
Operating principle Feuerhand Pyron Plate
The Pyron Plate has been preserved with a food-safe paraffin oil to prevent corrosion. The plate must, however, be seasoned before you can use it.
How to season the plate correctly
- Thoroughly clean your plate with hot water and dry well.
- Pour high-temperature oil (such as clarified butter or coconut oil) on the entire plate and spread over the entire surface
- Possibly add some salt to make the oil adhere more to the plate.
- Heat the Pyron Plate. Due to the material the plate will arch when first heated. This arch should always face downwards.
- Place raw potato slices on the plate and repeatedly turning roast until dark brown. After a while, the roasting surface of your Pyron Plate turns dark at places and the typical patina develops.
- After seasoning remove the residues of potatoes, oil and salt by means of a scraper.
- Let the plate cool down and clean with hot, clear water. For care the plate can be greased afterwards.
- Your Pyron Plate is now ready for use.
Instructions for care, cleaning and storage of your Pyron Plate:
- After each use clean your Pyron Plate with clear water and a sponge or a scraper / spatula.
- To preserve the patina of the plate do not use dish washing detergent.
- Dry well after cleaning and grease with a durable oil.
- Always store the Pyron Plate covered at a dry place to avoid any kind of humidity.
We have collected all information on your Pyron Plate for you here:
In case of further questions please contact our customer service.