Technical structure and operating principle of the Feuerhand Pyron
The Feuerhand Pyron is a unique fire barrel in industrial design and thank to almost smoke-free combustion serves as a perfect fireplace in the garden or on the terrace. The Pyron consists of a double-walled corpus, a charcoal grate as well as a removable ash dish and 3 high support legs.
Operating principle Feuerhand Pyron
The holes in the bottom and in the walls of the ensure for ideal oxygen supply while the fire barrel is in use. Thanks to the clever construction the Pyron provides for very efficient combustion based on the wood boiler principle. While bottom-up, oxygen keeps the fire alive (primary combustion) heated air simultaneously flows through the double wall up to the top holes, where rising, non-combusted flue gas is being burned (secondary combustion).
Due to the optimised air flow inside the fire barrel high temperatures, ideally suited for preparing grilled food on a skewer, stick bread or marshmallows, arise.
For you to enjoy your garden fire for a long time the right handling and care of your Pyron are especially important
The 6 most important tips for handling your Pyron:
- Only use your Pyron outdoors, e.g. in the garden or on the terrace.
- Station the fire barrel only on an even, heat-resistant ground for a safe stand.
- Only fuel the Pyron with common firewood and use a customary solid fire lighter if needed.
- When adding firewood wear gloves for safety and place the wood carefully inside the barrel to avoid damages or strong flying sparks.
- Observe the correct filling level and only add fuel just below the top holes.
- If needed, use a bucket of sand or a powder fire extinguisher to extinguish the fire. Do not use water.
Instructions for care, cleaning and storage of your Pyron:
- After each use, thoroughly remove all ash residues from the fire barrel after the Pyron has cooled down completely.
- Clean the entire Pyron with clear water, a mild detergent and a soft cloth or sponge. On rough dirt stainless-steel cleaner and stainless-steel wool can be used.
- For a nice shine you can also treat your Pyron with chrome polish after cleaning.
- Always store your Pyron protected at a dry place to avoid any kind of humidity.
We have collected all information on your Pyron for you here:
In case of further questions please contact our customer service.