Light grilled delicacies from the plancha plate − Caesar skewers with grilled romaine lettuce for holiday vibes in the garden
In the summertime there is really only one place you want to be: outside! You don’t have to travel far for this – often the nicest place to be is at home in your own garden. Family and friends love to gather around the Feuerhand Pyron for a fire and to enjoy a delicious outdoor dinner together.
You wait all year to barbecue – it is the highlight of the garden season! Be the host with Feuerhand and create a simple, fresh summer menu from the Pyron Plate! You can forget day-to-day worries for a couple of hours and enjoy life to the fullest.
Use the versatile plancha plate to serve up a grilled version of the classic Caesar salad: juicy chicken kebabs with grilled romaine lettuce and a Caesar dressing.
The perfect preparation for a barbecue experience to remember
Firstly, prepare your Pyron and the ingredients for your outdoor grilling experience. While the fire gets going in the fire barrel and the grill plate rises to the optimal temperature, you can start by preparing the dressing and the small skewers. Because the Pyron Plate has different temperature zones, you can cook the chicken breast fillets and the Caesar salad simultaneously. For that, simply place the sliced side of the lettuce further out on the hot grill plate for a short amount of time and thus the fresh salad benefits from the special roasting flavour. Crispy chicken skewers with bacon and a light Caesar dressing are particularly tasty accompaniments. These can be quickly seared using the more intense heat at the centre of the Pyron Plate and then moved further out to finish cooking. While all the ingredients sizzle away on the Pyron Plate at the same time, you can enjoy a glass of white wine with your guests. Guaranteeing a relaxed barbecue evening and a fun cooking experience that everyone will remember!
You need (for 4 people):
- 80 g parmesan
- 30 g anchovy fillets
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbs mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- 125 ml sunflower oil
- Salt, pepper
- Hand blender
- Peel the garlic and cut it into small pieces. Chop up the anchovy fillets. Purée both in a tall container using a hand blender along with the grated parmesan, mustard, egg yolk, lemon juice, sugar and white wine vinegar.
- Now slowly pour in the sunflower oil and mix further until a creamy consistency is achieved. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Chicken skewers with romaine lettuce
You need (for 4 people):
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 8 rashers of bacon
- 4 romaine lettuce hearts
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Wooden skewers
- Cut the chicken breast fillets into approx. 4 cm pieces and season with salt and pepper. Divide the chicken chunks evenly among the wooden skewers, alternating with rashers of bacon. Weave the bacon around the chicken.
- Wash the romaine lettuce hearts and cut them in half. Do not remove the stem to avoid the salad leaves from coming apart during the cooking process.
- Brush the lettuce halves with oil lightly on each side and season with salt and pepper (optional).
- Barbecue the prepared skewers on the plancha plate until the chicken is cooked and the bacon is crispy. Start by searing them in the hot zone at the centre for a few minutes on each side. Afterwards, move them to the outer edge of the Pyron Plate.
- In the meantime, place the prepared, halved lettuce hearts cut side down on the edge of the grill plate and lightly brown them. As an option, slice up fresh baguettes and toast the slices on the plate too.
- Plate up the skewers and lettuce with thinly sliced parmesan on top and serve with Caesar dressing and freshly toasted slices of baguette.
Harmonious summer nights with a lovely warmth from the Feuerhand Pyron
Even after the barbecue session, the Pyron remains the focal point for all guests thanks to the exceptional fire burning efficiently due to the sophisticated air-flow system. Logs burn cleanly and with little soot formation so that almost no smoke is generated to spoil your summer fun. The Fire Barrel, providing a cosy warmth, creates a special atmosphere on cool summer evenings and is an eye-catcher because of its timeless industrial charm.
The end result is a gentle firelight and content, relaxed guests who are delighted to spend time together around the Pyron.