Start the outdoor season in the garden with a delicious street food snack from the Grilling Plate – Spicy mushroom tacos from the Feuerhand Pyron Plate
No idea what to cook for your next barbecue with friends? With just a few ingredients, you can create tasty tacos from the Pyron Plate for the perfect grilled snack, bringing the convivial flair of street food to your garden. This Mexican-inspired classic will win over meat lovers but is also very easy to reinterpret with delicious vegetables or seafood. Thus, everyone can cook what they like on the 57 cm wide Feuerhand Grilling Plate.
Well-seasoned mushrooms meet tender prawns and a refreshing yoghurt and lime dip – our grilled mushroom tacos combine intense flavours to create a unique taste sensation.
A relaxed start to your plancha barbecue
A good preparation of your outdoor cooking station and the ingredients is vital to really be able to enjoy your evening with your guests.Start by heating up your Feuerhand Pyron and adding the Pyron Plate on top. Treat the Plate beforehand with high-heat cooking oil so that the grilled food doesn’t stick to it. Then prepare the marinade for the mushrooms and the dip while waiting for the Pyron and the Grilling Plate to reach the right temperature. After that, you can start directly with the grilling on the Pyron Plate. Thanks to the optimal heat distribution, the prawns can be grilled quickly at high temperatures in the center of the plate while the tortillas are lightly toasted on the edge of the Feuerhand Pyron Plate. This way, you can prepare everything at the same time in a relaxed fashion and still have time to tend to your guests around the Pyron.
Yoghurt and lime dip
- 300 g plain yoghurt (3.5% fat)
- 1/2 lime
- 1 spring onion
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 pinch of smoked paprika (ground)
- 1 tsp honey
- Fresh parsley and toasted sunflower seeds to taste
Place the yoghurt in a bowl, squeeze in the lime, finely chop the spring onion and stir in with the rest of the ingredients for the dip. If desired, add chopped parsley and the sunflower seeds that have been previously toasted without oil in a frying pan. Put the dip aside.
Marinated mushroom filling and fresh prawns in corn tortillas
- 8 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 tbs parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- 400 g seasonal mushrooms (e. g. oyster mushrooms/chanterelles)
- 8 small maize tortillas
- Fresh prawns if desired
- 3-4 snack gherkins
- Parsley and fried onions to garnish
- Press the garlic, finely chop the parsley, and mix them to the oil and salt to create an aromatic marinade. Clean the mushrooms, ideally by brushing them and cut them into small pieces. Allow the mushroom mixture to sit in the marinade for approx. 15 minutes and then sauté it on the Pyron Plate.
- Wash the fresh prawns and cook them on the Plate too. Peel them afterwards.
- Toast the maize tortillas on the Plate, coat with the lime dip and add the mushrooms, prawns, and sliced snack gherkins. Garnish with fried onions, dip and parsley as you wish.
Creative grilled delicacies to suit every taste – from the Feuerhand Pyron Plate
Cooking on the Feuerhand Pyron Plate retains flavour so that you can relax and prepare an aromatic feast, suitable for every season. There are no limits to imagination as these tacos can be filled with different mushrooms and toppings depending on the season. Those who like to spice things up can choose a piquant sauce or a fiery salsa to pair with classic Mexican tacos. Every guest will be thrilled and cooking together outdoors becomes even more fun.
After cooking, the Plate can be removed from the Fire Barrel and the cosy campfire in the Pyron creates the perfect mood for the evening. Enjoy a glass of wine or a cool cocktail as you relax and unwind.